As an auditor, Steffen is responsible for Chain of Custody auditing of Danish companies within FSC and PEFC certification schemes.
Steffen is working as an auditor with the FSC and PEFC certification schemes, specifically with Chain of Custody auditing of Danish companies. Steffen is based at NEPCon's regional office in Aarhus, Denmark.
With both practical experience and theoretical knowledge from forest management, he has a solid basis for evaluating the sustainable use of the Danish forest products.
Steffen is a professionally trained forester. He has worked as Deputy Forest Officer for the Danish government where his work focused on forest management, afforestation projects, environmental legislation, hunting and wildlife management.
He has a Master’s degree in Forest and Nature Management from the University of Copenhagen.
Steffen joined NEPCon in March 2017.
NEPCon’s work to ensure sustainability in the use of natural resources and inform people about the importance of sustainability is why I enjoy working with the company. Furthermore, NEPCon’s global work and the high level of integrity is a major motivational factor to me.
- FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody auditing
- FSC and PEFC technical support and expertise
- Experience from previous work at the Danish Environmental Protection Agency and the Danish Nature Agency
- MSc Forest and Nature Management
- BSc Forest and Landscape Engineer
- Languages spoken: Danish and English