Ariel is heading our Spain Regional Office based in Madrid from where he oversees projects and certifications activities in the region that includes Portugal, France and Spain.
Pior to working at NEPCon, Ariel was the Rainforest Alliance Representantive in Argentina, University Professor and external consultant for various organisations and a global forestry fund.
Ariel brings with him 16 years of experience working with FSC and SAN certification, eco-tourism verification and VCS carbon sequestration verification in South America, Turkey and Central America. He was intensitvely trained on pine plantations in South Africa, and on FSC Certification in the United States of America.
Ariel is an Agronomic Engineer from UNNE (Universidad Nacional del Nordeste) in Argentina. He has passed various experts training course for Lead Auditor on different certification systems he works with.
Ariel joined NEPCon in 2016.
I see the natural resources management as a duty to be performed with a sense of community, seeking to connect the rural people with the markets in various ways. And in between all the actors taking smart and responsible decisions as well as understanding each of them can make a positive difference.
- FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody auditing
- FSC Forest Management auditing
- PEFC and FSC CoC technical support/expertise
- VCS carbon sequestration auditing
- The Long Run (Eco-tourism) auditing
- SAN (Sustainable Agriculture Network) Field and CoC auditing
- Countries worked in: Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, Bolivia, Perú, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Suriname, Panamá, Belize, República Dominicana, Turkey, and Spain
- Languages spoken: Spanish, Portugues and English