Alexandra is a legality specialist with experience from working with NGOs and governments.
Alexandra provides specialist timber legality advice and LegalSource services. In addition, she works with projects on legal timber trade.
Alexandra began her career in the Australian Public Service developing and implementing the Illegal Logging Prohibition Act 2012 – Australia’s answer to the EU Timber Regulation. In this role she travelled extensively in the Asia-Pacific, working with Governments, industry and NGOs to put in place a significant law to combat the illegal timber trade. She has also experience in providing expert legal advice to government, from her role as a Legal Officer for the Australian Government.
Alexandra has studied Political Science and Law at the Australian National University, with Honours in environmental law reform. She also has additional tertiary qualifications in Public Administration and Legal Practice.
Alexandra joined NEPCon in 2014.
The international timber trade is a diverse and challenging industry. I enjoy working with companies to ensure their supply chains and provide them with expert advice to understand the varied legal requirements now in place. We strive to provide legality and sustainability solutions of high quality and integrity to our diverse client base.
- Timber legality expertise
- Due diligence systems, including risk assessment, risk mitigation and supply chain verification
- Legal expertise and legislative interpretation
- The EU Timber Regulation, US Lacey Act, Australia’s Illegal Logging Prohibition Act 2012 and other policy developments that aim to exclude illegal timber from markets
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Graduate Certificate in Public Administration, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Public and private procurement
- Countries worked in: Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea.
- Languages: English, basic French