NEPCon is looking for a passionate colleague with timber industry or forestry background to be trained in our internal training programme, with the aim of becoming a great Auditor in various international traceability standards.
As Traceability Auditor, your main tasks will be to plan, conduct and administer chain-of-custody (i.e. supply chain) audits within the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®), PEFC, SAN, RSPO and others, amongst our Vietnamese clients.
You will be joining a local team of 4 colleagues working in Vietnam, and the rest of the 100+ NEPCon staff worldwide.
Your job as Traceability Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether the business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities. In order to plan and conduct an audit, you must be able to gather and analyse internal and external information related to the clients and their internal business processes, and evaluate them against the standards. The main task of this position is auditing, but the position is multi-faceted and also includes:
- Supporting the coordination and execution of traceability audits in Vietnamese businesses.
- Planning and executing audits according to your audit schedule.
- Writing audit reports presenting the findings.
- Developing strong technical expertise in FSC, PEFC, SAN and RSPO standards, and keeping your expertise up-to-date.
- Managing questions and disputes related to evaluations and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position it is indispensable that you have either a vocational education within the timber processing or timber trading industry, or a university degree in forestry or management of nature resources, and on top of that 4+ years of work experience in the timber processing or timber trading sector.
In addition to this,
- You must be fluent in Vietnamese and English (our organisational language), and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast.
It is an advantage if you are already familiar with FSC, PEFC, SAN and RSPO traceability standards and have practical experience with auditing, but it is not a requirement. What is important is the willingness to become a great auditor!
As an auditor, you will need to find the balance between serving the clients and at the same time not compromising the independent role of an auditor. You therefore, as a person, have a high level of integrity and business ethics combined with customer service skills. On top of that,
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with the standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organize and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently (often remotely from your colleagues) and meet deadlines.
- You are a robust and structured person, who has demonstrated that you can balance multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You have good conflict solving skills.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organization.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- You have your own car, as this is necessary for client visits.
- You are willing to travel frequently in Vietnam, and occasionally out of the country.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to the Deputy Director of Global Traceability Services (based in Denmark)
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly.
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon.
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 May 2018 via the application form below.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Kent Skovgaard, Deputy Director of Global Traceability Services, email: ksk(at)nepcon.org