NEPCon is currently seeking a new colleague who will have the dual role of Business Development Representative to lead our sales, marketing and networking efforts in Vietnam, and Traceability Auditor for our Vietnamese clients.
We are looking for a local representative in Vietnam with a passion for sustainability certification, related standard schemes and assurance systems. An interest in making the certification systems work in practice and making them a useful tool for mainstreaming sustainability among producers and supply chains is essential.
As Business Development Representative you will be responsible for NEPCon’s business development, sales and marketing within Vietnam.
As Traceability Auditor your job will be to impartially evaluate whether the business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities. You must be able to gather and analyse internal and external information related to the clients and their internal business processes, and evaluate them against the standards.
You will be joining a local team of 5 colleagues working in Vietnam, and the rest of the 100+ NEPCon staff worldwide. You will be part of an expanding organisation where we are used to working virtually across continents and offices. We are flexible and informal in our work styles and attitudes and try to consider the needs of each of our employees, while also being committed to the delivery of high-quality work.
As Business Development Representative you will have overall responsibility for business development, sales and marketing within Vietnam. This includes but is not limited to:
- Organizing, planning and controlling the activities for market development, marketing and sales.
- Coordinating closely with assurance service team members to agree sales targets and marketing activities including coordination of regular country level team meetings.
- Managing the full sales process (in close cooperation with the service departments) from first contact to accepted proposal, including creating leads in Salesforce, creating budgets, proposals and agreements, handing over the client to service department when clients is onboard.
- Representing NEPCon in the local market and to all relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying networking opportunities, attending networking events, organising NEPCon speakers for events.
- Ensuring updates of NEPCon’s website with local news, coordinate translations, place articles in local media.
As Traceability Auditor, your main tasks will be to plan, conduct and administer chain-of-custody (i.e. supply chain) audits within the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®), the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC™), Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture, Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and others, amongst our clients in Vietnam. This includes:
- Planning and executing audits.
- Supporting the coordination and execution of traceability audits in Vietnam.
- Writing audit reports presenting the findings.
- Developing strong technical expertise in FSC, PEFC, Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture and RSPO standards, and keeping your expertise up-to-date.
- Managing questions and disputes related to evaluations and clients.
To be considered for this position it is indispensable that you have either a university degree in forestry or management of nature resources, or a vocational education within the timber processing or timber trading industry, and on top of that minimum 4 years of work experience in the timber processing or timber trading sector. You also have experience with sales and marketing, market knowledge, and preferably a large network in the relevant industries.
In addition to this,
- You must be fluent in Vietnamese and English (our organisational language), and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast.
It is an advantage, but not a requirement, that you are already familiar with FSC, PEFC, Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture and RSPO traceability standards and have practical experience with auditing.
As Business Development Representative and Auditor, you will need to find the balance between getting new clients and serving existing clients, and at the same time not compromising the independent role of an auditor. You therefore have a high level of integrity and business ethics combined with customer service skills. On top of that:
- You are an outgoing, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with the standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organize and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently (often remotely from your colleagues) and meet deadlines.
- You have good networking and negotiation skills, as well as excellent organisational and planning skills.
- You are comfortable speaking at events.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- You are willing to travel frequently in Vietnam, and occasionally out of the country.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to the Deputy Director of Global Traceability Services (based in Denmark)
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 3 August 2018 via the form below.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact: Mr Kent Skovgaard, Deputy Director of Global Traceability Services, email: ksk(at)nepcon.org